By the term Robotic Urology the application of robotic systems in performing urological procedures is meant. The use of Da Vinci robotic system is the outmost modern and precise surgical method being applied in specific urological cases.
Robotic surgery is the advancement of laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery. By using the Da Vinci robotic system, a laparoscopic operation is performed by the assistance of the robotic system, eliminating any surgical difficulties faced by the laparoscopic method. A three dimensional (3-D) image, the movements of the robotic arms as being the wrist of the surgeon, guarantee more accuracy and higher levels of successfulness in completing an operation.
Urology is the eminent medical specialty in applying the robotically assisted technology, since it can be used in almost the whole spectrum of urological cases.
Benefits of Urology Robotic surgery for the patient:
• Shorter hospitalization
• Reduced pain and discomfort
• Faster recovery time and return to normal activities
• Smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection
• Reduced blood loss and transfusions
• Minimal scarring
Advantages for Surgeons using Robotic Surgery:
• Greater visualization (3-D imaging)
• Enhanced dexterity
• Greater precision
Urology surgery with the use of robots:
• Robotic Prostatectomy
• Robotic Radical Prostatectomy (prοstate cancer)
• Robotic Radical Nephrectomy
• Robotic Partial Nephrectomy
• Robotic Pyeloplasty
• Robotic Removal of Advenal
• Robotic Removal of Kidney Cyst
• Robotic Assisted Dissection
• Robotic Correction of Varicocele