The department of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at the Mediterranean Hospital of Cyprus is staffed with highly-trained Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons, being continuously educated on the latest developments in the field of their specialization.
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery is an internationally recognized surgical specialty and the department of the hospital covers an entire spectrum of surgical treatments from diseases, injuries, bone and fat defects and aesthetic aspects of the mouth, teeth, jaws, face, head and neck. An Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon often works together with other specialists such as Orthopedics, Neurosurgeons, ENT surgeons, Plastic surgeons, Oncologists and other health professionals. Our reputable doctors specialize in the areas of dental alveolar surgery, facial trauma, orthognathic surgery, salivary glands treatment, congenital anomalies and the surgical treatment of benign and malignant lesions of the head and neck area.
More specifically, they offer the following treatment plans:
1. Treatment of facial trauma to patients who experience conditions with fractures of the jaws, zygomatics, mid-face, orbit, frontal & nasal and even reconstructive surgeries using 3D virtual technology and customized implants.
2. Orthognathic surgery treatments that include osteotomies of the maxilla and mandible for the correction of retrognathism of the upper or lower jaw, hyperplasia of the upper or lower jaw, gummy smile, facial asymmetries and congenital anomalies and syndromes such as the Obstructive Sleep Apnea syndrome in combination with other cosmetic procedures that lead to the achievement of a perfect result. Orthognathic surgery is also known as Corrective Jaw surgery or simply as Jaw Surgery.
3. Treatment of the diseases of the salivary glands. Patients with conditions related to the salivary glands are treated with parotidectomy and surgical removal of the submandibular salivary gland, sublingual salivary gland and lesions of the glands. In addition, the innovative method of Sialendoscopy - for the removal of the salivary gland stones and the treatment of obstructive diseases, is provided to our hospital. It is a minimally invasive approach, using cutting-edge robotic technology for the treatment of a number of conditions.
4. Surgical treatment of pathologies of the Temporomandibular Joints (TMJ), including Arthroscopy with specialized endoscopes.
5. Treatment of Oncology related cases including Oral cancer, paranasal sinus cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, salivary gland cancer and neck cancer.
The department of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery of the Mediterranean Hospital of Cyprus consists of Dr. Zoe Nicolaou – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and Dr. Eleftherios Kalimeras – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon.